Monday, June 8, 2009

Fun in Tokyo

Had a good afternoon exploring further reaches of Tokyo. First was 井の頭 Inokashira park, which was really nice even on a gloomy day like today, and happens to include the Ghibli Museum. You have to buy tickets in advance to get in, but I got some cool pictures of the outside that I'll put up soon (gonna post all my pictures chronologically in the next day or so). Then I want to Nakano, which I'd heard about from this free magazine Metropolis. Basically it's another otaku (geek) mecca, particularly the Broadway building, which has intense shops featuring hobbies such as antique toys, action figures, records, comics, collectibles, old books, cameras, costumes, video games, and just about everything else. It was glorious. The biggest store was Mandarake, which covered most of Japanese popular culture, but my favorite was Papier, a tiny cramped store that was mostly devoted to French comics, including gorgeous framed comic art all over the walls.

In other news, Siena found a place for us to live this summer! It sounds lovely. I'm excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment