Friday, June 19, 2009

Back to Tokyo

After rebooking my flight, I had a few days to wander around Tokyo. There was something refreshing and exciting about coming out of the subway in Asakusa. The first thing I saw was the Asahi building.

The bartender at the hostel suggested that I check out 井の頭公園 Inokashira Park, since I'd seen most of the major tourist destinations in Tokyo. It turned out to be perfect for an overcast day, and also for adjusting back to the city.
It looks rural, but I am on a jogging path and behind me up the hill are apartments.
I can't stop taking pictures of shrines and temples. This one might actually be a teahouse. Anyways, I liked the bright red sticking out of the greenery.

Inokashira Park is also home to the ジブリ美術館 Ghibli Museum, which I saw described as the anti-Disneyland. Only about 60 people are allowed inside at a time. You also have to buy tickets ahead of time for a specific time of the day, and your reservation expires if you are more than 20 minutes late. I didn't go in, but I got some pictures.

I had seen a picture of Mike and Mog in front of this robot, but I never would have guessed it was actually on the roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment