Monday, May 4, 2009

So, I'm in glamorous Osaka, after a short stay in Kobe. Here's a picture of the Kobe waterfront, from a hip new shopping area called Mosaic (pronounced Mozaiku).


Osaka is great, although I kinda miss the countryside. Yesterday we took the train to Takarazuka, home of the all-female revue (which is famous for its actresses who play male roles),

and hometown of Osamu Tezuka, the "God of Manga."
This is the Phoenix, from his epic life's work. (Oh, and I bought a new shirt!)

Then we went to Namba, Osaka's equivalent of Time Square. Siena will probably post better self-portraits on her Facebook.
Now I'm gonna post some pictures from Kyushu.

2 comments:

  1. Andy and Barb,
    Hi there, I am enjoying biking vicariously through you two.
    I wanted to see what you guys were up to before I post your blog on our newsletter. So the entire JASP readership can live vicariously, of course. I hope you continue to enjoy and photo-document your beautiful journey. I'd like to see more pics of old trees. And that new blue shirt of yours is fetching, Andy.
    Love,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy!
    It's always exciting to know that more people are reading my blog. I'll do my best to keep things interesting.

    ReplyDelete