Monday, May 25, 2009

back on the road

Two days in Osaka, having fun with Siena. The first day we spent all afternoon doing Karaoke with some of her Japanese friends and then had awesome, very authentic Mexican food. Then the next day we went to Universal Studios Japan for real, where they still have Back to the Future. The absolute best ride was Spiderman, though, because it was a 3D (plus little water sprays) movie combined with a roller coaster. And I do love Spiderman, even in Japanese.

Today I biked from Osaka to Kyoto, then immediately got on a train halfway back to Osaka to see Siena. Tomorrow she's flying back to the land of the free and the home of the brave. Meanwhile I'll be heading back to Lake Biwa, this time going around the other side to Hikone.

I like the Kansai area, but I'm definitely more into the countryside than the deep urban jungles.

No comments:

Post a Comment