Friday, August 14, 2009

A little publicity

I have a little writeup on the Oberlin college website that went up this week. You can check it out here.

I left out two pretty major aspects of the trip, though, I guess because I wanted to keep the story short. However, I really ought to give them their due.


My mom taught me a lot about having fun while touring. She was a rockin' mentor. It was also great to see how Japan would look from the eyes of someone totally new to the culture. I'm glad I got to show her parts of the country where few foreign tourists venture, particularly in Kyushu.


And my trip would not have been anywhere near as wonderful if it weren't for Siena. She was my lifeline, my rock, and all those other goofy romantic things. Some people say "We'll always have Paris," but Siena and I will always have Hiroshima, Osaka, Kyoto, and Amanohashidate.

No comments:

Post a Comment