Monday, March 16, 2009

First day in Japan

So today was one of those incredibly long days, because that's what happens when you fly west. I got up at 5:30am, came up with several last minute things to worry about which were of no consequence, and got on a plane to Newark. It was pretty cool to land and see Manhattan and Liberty Island looming out of the fog.

Anyways, Continental has a pretty good selection of classic movies. I watched Edward Scissorhands, the third Matrix movie, and Chinatown. I was pretty disappointed with all three. Oh, and I finished Obama's Challenge which was pretty good reading.

But yeah, then I landed in Japan, and moved through immigration and customs pretty quickly, and found myself in Siena's arms. We rode the slow train to Ueno, checked into our really cute and tiny foreigner's hotel, and set off for Mosburger and Conbini snacks. I'm not going to dwell very long tonight on the glories of Mosburger (Siena discusses her current favorite sandwich here) or Japanese snack foods (Green tea teramisu kit-kat, anyone?), but suffice it to say that I am very happy to be here.

I haven't opened up my bike suitcase yet, but I'm going to assume everything is okay. And now I'm going to sleep.

1 comment: