Friday, April 24, 2009

Back in Hiroshima. Saw mom off on the bus to the airport, and I haven't gotten a desperate phone call so I think she's made it safely to Tokyo. I'm contemplating my next move and realizing that I don't quite yet have the patience to go through my pictures and write all about the past few weeks. Maybe when I make it back to Osaka.

I've done a small loop now, from Hiroshima to Kyushu and back again. Soon I'll be closing the loop with Osaka. This is kinda cool.

Went to a Jamaican place for dinner, which was pretty good but not amazing. It's charming that a Japanese family would create a Jamaican restaurant. Then I went for a second dinner because kids in the hostel invited me and that's what you do.

Contemplating my next move, and what to do with the next few days. It'll depend a little on how long it takes to clean my bike tomorrow morning. And when the bike shop opens (I hope it opens in the morning). But i'm pretty sure now that i'll head to Okayama, and take a bike path to Kurashiki.

Oh, and today i went to the Hiroshima Museum of Contemporary art. It was really cool, especially their exhibit on "the uncanny," really about ghosts and goblins and creepy things. I especially like this guy Nishio's drawings of ghost women.

No comments:

Post a Comment